Recolic® Syrup 120 mL
Main components of German chamomile, anise and honey
«Recolic »syrup is an herbal syrup prepared of the active ingredients of German chamomile (Scientific name: Matricaria recutita or Matricaria chamomilla) , Anise (scientific name: Pimpinella anisum) and honey.
– Colic, spasm & gastro-intestinal tract (GIT) inflammations
– Flatulence, dyspepsia, the adjustment of GIT function
– Prevention and treatment of GIT ulcers and inflammations
– A suitable choice for the simultaneous use with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID’s) in order to decrease their side effects on the stomach. Therefore, concomitant use of drugs such as ibuprofen, indomethacin, piroxicam, naproxen , etc. , … which are opened in the stomach and can lead to bleeding and inflammation in the lining of the stomach and usually people after taking these medications due to side effects of nausea and discomfort in the stomach mentioned .
– Effective in inflammations and spasms in « IBS»
Due to the multiple active ingredients plants in «Recolic » syrup effects of this drug is not limited to the above and in numerous other credible sources for the effects of the active ingredients used in the drug is as effortless, some of which include:
1-The effective material in German chamomile inhibits both cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase and subsequently causes the inhibition of prostaglandins and leukotrienes synthesis and the decrease of inflammation.
2-Alpha-bisabolol, the active ingredients of chamomile plant, decreases the pepsin proteolytic activity in the digestion system. It also creates a protective effect in the stomach against acetyl salicylic acid and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID’S). In explaining the use of the drug in the package insert, more details are given in this field.
3-In addition to this, the studies have revealed that the chamomile extract inhibits the collectivity of Helicobacter pylori and E.coli.
4- As the Apigenin functions as a ligand for Benzodiazepine receptors, this drug shows an anti-anxiety and sedative effect consequently improve the sleep of patients. So can reduce anxiety and improve sleep in patients who used it.
5- Commission E* has also confirmed the usage of active ingredients of «Recolic» for the treatment of cough, bronchitis, fever and cold.
6- Studies have shown that the active ingredients of chamomile selectively inhibit the growth of cancer cells. Apigenin and glycoside Apigenin in chamomile as the core material for these effects are known. In addition, Apigenin is also effective in preventing cancer and reducing inflammation.
-The adults and person over 12 years: 3 times per day, each time one spoonful (equal to 10 ml)
-The people of 6-12 years: 3 times per day, each time one teaspoonful (equal to 5 ml)
-Child of 3-5 years: According to the physician prescription, 3 times per day, each time one teaspoon (equal to 2.5 ml)
This drug can be taken at any time for flatulence & dyspepsia. In other cases it is better to be taken 30 minutes before or more than one hour after the meal.
Duration of use:
Continue to take the medicine up to the moment the signs of disease is completely eliminated.
No side effect would emerge when taken in permitted quantities and therapeutic dosage. In over- dose usage, vomiting may happen. In the case of any allergy emergence, discontinue taking the drug and consult with your physician.
Some eventual interactions have been reported with Warfarin and Cyclosporine.
The usage in pregnancy and breast-feeding:
The usage of this drug in pregnancy is contraindicated.
For usage of this drug in breast-feeding you might consult with your pharmacist or physician. The usage in breast-feeding can be consumed in a short time.
– Considering that chamomile has got anti-anxiety and relieving effects, it may cause a moderate drowsiness. Therefore, it’s better not to do the things requiring much attention such as driving.
-The drug can be used in diabetics.
-Keep the drug away from reach of children.
*Commission E * is a supervising governmental organization in Germany that with the cooperation of experienced physicians and pharmacists compiles and prints articles in the field of evaluating the immunity and effectiveness and studies on medicinal herbs and is considered a prestigious international source.
© 2015 KTP. All rights reserved